View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
If everything is true about Mercedes, Renault and Nissan sharing development of power plants then VQ likely won't see any further development. I was surprised to not see DI in 2013 G previewed at auto shows. That to me signals an end of the VQ platform.

It wouldn't make sense to put any more money into VQ DI if they are spending money on Mercedes developed power plants. They will likely just do minor mods to current motor for 2013 and perhaps 2014. We have seen it before in Z33 platform where car really didnt change much during several year production run.

for selfish reasons I hope they don't come out with a DI VQ motor and stay with current motor until the next Z platform is introduced. That will give us more cars with same motor and help VQ aftermarket here in the US. Although sales of z34 will likely slow with more competition. The FT 86 from Toyota will slow Z sales for sure.

I can't wait to see what Renualt/Nissan have planned for next Z. I just hope they make one!

So I wonder if we will have the last Z with Nissan developed and built power plant?
The real question is, with the Z dwindling in sales. Will the next Z be imported to the united states??? I doubt they will stop making the Z, but we might be reading about the Z in major magazines vs us driving one. I think the japanese are probably tired of our criticisms and won't even send it over next go around.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote