View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguy View Post
anyone know the shift times for our 7at? is it different in "D" than "M" ? any difference using the paddles or the stick as far as shift times go? what about up-shift times vs downshift times? just wondering how our 7at compares to a DSG
Not sure in exactly incremental seconds but the paddles. In Manual mode are definately the fastest and smoothest manual shifter between floor shifting and paddling DS mode (which is paddle-shifting in drive) floor shifter is a little slower to shift, (but still shifts quickly) and it jerks the car more in gears 2-3-4.
Regular D (drive) shift-timing,feel similar to shifting from the floor, just not as jerky. I have heard the Z auto has been clocked to shift anywhere from .03 to .07 seconds. I have heard the 500 millisecond numbers thrown around as well.
I guess it depends on mode and how the ECU is handling your driver input that day. I personally am consistantly/fairly aggressive so in my car the shifts are fast and fairly precise from paddle and floor shift. DS doesn't do anything for me as far as fun factor. But it comes in handy when you need to reactively downshift or engine brake while in D mode. So even though its the least entertaining as far as shift feel. Its an awesome overall feature.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote