Thread: Stranded
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurocache View Post
I'll definitely come hang out some time after I get this issue sorted.

The dealer is feeding me BS telling me it was a loose battery connection and a failing battery. My battery gauge read > 14V the morning of this incident and I know for a fact that my connections were tight. My lights, horn, and door locks were fully functional too. As a result, they want me to pay $500 for towing less $150, $100 for misdiagnosing, and 75% of the cost of a new battery even though I've heard the battery is under warranty for up to 36k miles. What I don't understand is why they would even cover any of the towing if it was just a battery that they claim is not under warranty.
so they were able to start the car?

the battery guage when engine is running is only useful to see if your charging system is working or not.

this steering lock issue seems to occur more as the battery gets weaker on the 09's and some 10's (so far up to Oct09 build confirmed using old version steering lock RevB. old steering lock version + weaker battery = problem... it seems.),
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote