View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
Well you should avoid potholes at all times they can cause bend rims or damaged low profile tires and if the pothole is deep enough at a brisk speed will cause the tire and shock to rebound the second it hits the outer part of the hole causing most of the damage this all depends how big or deep it is the Impact also leads to damaging the tie rods that are connected to the rack and pinion. If your not used to a sports car with low profile tires and worrying about potholes then I understand why your asking this basic question
No, I understand the whole idea behind avoiding potholes, etc...

However, I had the dealer check my alignment because I thought it was off (camber, actually) - and it was. They said
Quote:
Yep, those Tulsa roads will do that
- seriously? A new car, that has alignmnet issues on 3 of 4 wheels, could be attributed to a few bumps and not having driven over a single pothole?

I guess I'm trying to wrap my head around how a few bumps could knock the alignment off on a car, without bending or breaking something...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote