View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosstick View Post
You currently have a HFS-3 aqua mist on your website. is it the same?
Yes, and no. The kit on our website is the basic kit. The one we'll be adding has the additional tees, nozzles, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
Just to be clear, my understanding is that injecting water should improve knock resistance and lower IAT as well as allow you to (in theory at least) run a leaner AFR since you can replace fuel with water for cylinder cooling. Water has a significantly higher specific heat capacity than any sort of fuel which makes it phenomenal for cooling (as compared to say gas). I definitely understand that you need to run distilled water only, but like I said, that's available anywhere and it's cheap. Meth mixes aren't.

Another consideration is the fact that meth is a fuel so *I believe* you have to tune the fueling more than with just water. With multiple maps this may not really be an issue, but I strongly prefer simplicity.

I do realize that you don't have the added power potential when you run just water and no meth, but my goal with a water injection system would be safety margin, not additional WHP. But that's just me.

In any event, congrats on the awesome build!
Yes, injecting water does lower IAT, but meth does it better. True, water has a high heat capacity, but methanol evaporates faster and it's the change of state from a liquid to a gas that absorbs lots of heat (methanol boils at a lower temperature than water).

You don't necessarily *have* to tune for it, but it is beneficial to do so. Anyway, water injection is perfectly fine for what you want.

So, when are you going to be doing this build?