View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #86 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
So I just thought of this, but if I remove my oil cooler block off plate for the track, how will I get my temps up to 180 for track use? If i keep it on for the 13 mile drive from the hotel tot he track to get the temps up, will it be too hot to remove when I get to the track barehanded or will I need gloves?
You will need gloves. 180F will be too hot to touch barehanded unless you let it sit for 30 minutes to cool down.

You'll have no problem reaching 180F on track. Just let the car idle for 10 minutes to warm up before heading out.