View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slongholio View Post
Yes, invested, with the ups and downs in the market. Ended up financing anyway.

If you think about it, the price actually went down. Back in those days, the 280 i wanted Cost about $36k. The one I got with 2011 bucks was 42, so I think adjusted for inflation it cost less, but with much more tech.

Dealer almost had me at 6.9, but when i contacted State Farm to ask about gap insurance, they said it was included with all their loans. So I had them quote me a rate and 1.9% I couldn't believe my luck. So financed all but 10k for 72 months lol, with the money sitting in the bank to pay for it. Gonna let that money roll interest.

Dealer was bummed when I went to take delivery, and told them to cancel their financing, hehe.

Not to hijack the thread...
Gotcha, I just hate seeing people wait for years to get what they want and pay to do it because of inflation devaluing their savings, etc when 1.9apr exists. Saving up is great if you can do it in a year or two, but five or ten? Probably won't even want the same model car by then, lol.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote