View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #98 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

hey np mwagner. im not a pro at this either. trying to figure out a workable solution before something silly happens.

it appears the GTR guy that fixed his car used 48700–JF00C to replace his bad lock. i am assuming now that 48700–JF00A and 48700–JF00B are the ones that had this problem. the GTR guy also mentioned in his post (and his pict illustrats this) that the locks even appear different.

considering that my car was a Jun 2009 build and 48700–JF00C was put into production Aug2009 to Oct2010, my car has the bad revision lock. actually even some of the 2010's are affected if we go by this as i am sure the manufacturer did a running change to exhaust old inventory (and who knows how many was at their service station).

here's a nice write up for the GTR by "Davin."

DIY Write Up: Steering Lock Fix - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote