View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
DannyGT
Track Member

Drives: 370Z (SOLD)
DannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theextreme View Post
Oh! So, since I don't want to loose that aggressive look, I'll need to take nogood's advice and now yours and trim the car. What about if I take the car to a body shop and have them roll the fenders? That was discussed as an option today, too.

Looks like you have two things I haven't done yet: corner balancing and the alignment....hopefully after those are done it will stop?

I have to ask.....what is corner balancing? Is that something that can be done (or will be done) at the time of the alignment or do I have to speciffically ask for it?
At this time, I would not roll it. One big reason being, is that unfortunatly you cannot roll that clip, and it sucks because thats where the rubbing occurs. TRUST ME - I have tried and its not happening.

So, corner balancing is usually done when your getting aligned and in simple terms it basically raises/lowers all the corners accordingly to reach a 50/50 cross balance on the vehicle. Also, I would recommend to get it done with a half tank of gas so your as balanced as possible. A good shop will even balance and align your car based on the drivers weight too!

You just tell them you like the height where it is and when they balance it the changes are literally minimal and you wont really notice. Also, you might be able to get away without having to cut anything with a camber of -2.2 or more in the front.

I'll try and take pictures tomorrow of the amount I cut (before my balance/alignment) which eliminated the issue. I just want you to get the balance alignment done first because it may stop the rubbing all together. Its still going to be VERY close.

Hope this helps...