View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #73 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Had an AMAZING day with Lou and his GT-R today, I pretty much spent all day with him. Here's the story of our adventures for the day (with lots of pics).

Got up early this morning and met him at the Maple Lawn Cars and Coffee meet. Here are the first pics:

From there we drove to Sterling, VA to get his GT-R clear bra'd. Unfortunately, when we got there the guy said he didn't have enough film to do the whole car. It wasn't a complete waste of time though, we had a lot of fun driving there. I know Lou was having a lot of fun testing out the GT-R and I was having a lot of trouble trying to keep up with him. I had no chance and he was just flying further and further ahead of me, but I had fun trying

Here's a shot of Lou's car on the highway and some more at the clear bra shop.

From there we headed to the Fairfax meet and had a lot of fun with the MAZOC crew. I didn't take any pics there, but Jon posted some in the Zs & Coffee thread.

After the meet we headed to Lou's house and then to one of his friend's garage. There, Ron had Lou's old FI exhaust installed on his Z. After that, Lou had a new midpipe installed on the GT-R, ONLY 22 HOURS AFTER TAKING DELIVERY OF IT!!! Looks like he had the mod bug leftover from his Nismo and it bit him extra hard for the GT-R

I got to ride in the GT-R (before Ron and Bert of course ) both before and after the midpipe install. All I can say is that it is an absolute BEAST! I've never sat in a car that fast before and it was just awesome. It's so fast and you don't even realize it. We were just having a normal conversation, then Lou hit the throttle and I look over 2 seconds later and see that we were going well into the triple digit range.

After the midpipe install, the car had a much better and more exotic sounding rumble to it. The power boost was definitely noticeable as well. Even from cruising on the highway at 80 I would get pushed back into the seat when Lou would hit the throttle. Then I would look over into the side mirror and quickly see Ron's Z start to disappear

I had so much fun just sitting in the GT-R as a passenger, I can't even imagine how much fun it would be to drive it. I'm already making plans to get rid of my Z and try to get a GT-R as soon as possible

Pics of the midpipe install

Here's the stock exhaust

Now with no midpipe

And the shiny new midpipe, which was a lot lighter than the stock one

Lou's friend (and the garage owner) Mike had a nice little 1200 HP Supra there as well, here's a pic of what was under the hood of that beast

I can't wait till the MD meet this Saturday so I can have my next GT-R fix

Last edited by b1adesofcha0s; 11-26-2011 at 10:45 PM.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote