View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #10254 (permalink)
cow
Lounge Moderator

Drives: Toyota Avalon
cow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreign View Post
Well said. The only reason I like having my rep up is so that people know who the reputable/trusted people are for different types of info. I myself usually try to steer clear of people that don't have too many posts or a good amount of rep when it comes to finding out pertinent info.
Truthfully, it's not a good way to really tell who knows his stuff, just who's on the forum a lot. Invariably, anyone who spends a lot of time on a site will have a lot of rep (which is why nogoodname has more than anyone-- he never sleeps).

There are plenty of people who read far more than they post, but are suspension gurus or turbo experts, etc. That guy won't have many rep points, but shouldn't be discounted.

Take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt. Generally speaking, the ones who SOUND like they know what they're talking about do.

I never bought a 370Z