View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
DeEePiDDy
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z CY MT
DeEePiDDy is on a distinguished road
Default DeEePiDDy's 09 Chicane Yellow 370z Journal

Ok so I've had this car for about 15 months now and have documented most of the changes/mods I've made. I've always been meaning to start a nice journal for my car and I figure why not get it done now on this beautiful Sunday morning! Granted I'm back tracking stuff for over a year and the changes I've made are all relatively small, never the less here we go!

It all started back in 1990. I was a 10 year old kid and was out riding my bike when I came across a beautiful 1990 Red 300ZX. I was completely mesmerized... on that fateful day I vowed I would one day own a Z...

Flash forward 20 years and its the summer of 2010. I had been looking for a 370z very seriously for about 2 months now. For monetary reason I was planning on buy a Certified Used Z, rather than a new one. I figured these are incredibly well built machines and that was going to be the best way for me to get a great heavily discounted price. My requirements on the car was that is MUST be a manual. Sorry to the automatic drivers, but IMO its the ONLY way to drive a car like the Z. Other options I wanted included in dash Navigation and was looking at either Silver or the Platinum Graphite as my two main choices.Other than that I was pretty open to what was available.

I began test driving the 370z at various dealerships and to came across an 2009 Touring Sport with Navigation. To be completely honest did not really care for the Sport package. I felt that the Rev-matching system while nice, was almost like cheating and I may be the only one to ever say this but actually preferred the Base wheels over the 19" sport rays! I LOVE the look and feel of the stock navigation but really wanted video playback which the 09's did not have yet. I was quoted an incredible price but had to walk away because it just didn't feel right. I had decided at that point I didn't want the sport package and didn't need the heated leather seats because I would NEVER drive this car in the winter. I decided for financial reasons and to be the most practical I was going to go with a non-sport base coupe.

A week later I came across 2 Z's one of which would eventually because my Z. Both were 2009 Base Coupes. One was silver and one was the Chicane Yellow. Both were certified used with less than 1000 miles on them came came with an amazing 7 year warranty! The day was July 22, 2011 and it was an 09 Chicane Yellow Base Coupe. While initially I was leaning towards a silver of Platinum Graphite, at first site the Yellow just screamed at me. After a test drive and some very aggressive negotiations (by pitting the two dealerships against one another to get my business) I ended up getting the Z for $2000 less than the best price I could find within a 100 mile radius! The hour and half drive home was nothing but pure pleasure!

To Be Continued...