View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
Ryan@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Evo 8/Evo 9 MR/GTR
Ryan@Forged is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
I'm not a mechanic. But I have shelled out a lot of money on mod parts for cars over the years. N wat I can tell u is this much.
NO THEY DON'T FIGURE since u bought a 30k car u can afford a lil more. That's not it at all. N no u
Dual intakes don't call for that much of a premium. N its not cuz nissan is almost an infiniti. Lol. Lol
You people are funny for real.
The Z is the only "2 seat hard top true sports coupe". Let me stress that again for the purists, mechanical engineers n others that luv to argue. The Z is the only 2 seat hard top true sports car in a 30 to 40k price range. 2+2 are gt cars. Convertibles have a different driving dynamic from coupes. So cars that we pretend to be competition like bmw Z4 n Z8, Honda S2000, mazda rx8 pontiac solstice. All either fall into the gt performance meaning 2+2 or gt roadsters which mean topless sports.
Again this is a whole seperate driving experience altogether.
NOW, because the Z has no competition in within 5k of its top price. The bimmer starts at 45k n the cayman at 60k and lotus 50k. this leaves NISSAN the sole proprietor of the "AFFORDABLE TRUE SPORTS CAR." the whole 900 to 600 in 10 years is bogus. I seen body kits go from 1600 to 400 in 5 years.
I seen intakes go from 399 to 199 in 1 year.
The Z can afford to jack prices n hold out on dropping prices cuz there is no competition. See how the car magazines struggle to find a real comparo car. They can't. So they use the cayman and mustang as comparison cars.
Totally unfair. The porsche costs 35k to build. The Z costs right around 18k to build.(before options) Its gonna be more refined. The mustang is a total gt. Not fair.
Anyway... point is. The exclusivity of the car type brings up cost and its bogus imho.
But ur stuck between a rock n a hardplace. If u holdout? Aftermarket won't produce many parts. If u buy u get more parts for cars. 1st year modders get raped. Cuz they have to pay forinitial r&d cost recovery. Once that's paid off. Prices go down.
I got chewed out here by a couple of fruits one time for saying 1st year mods are way to expensive n the companies rape your pockets. Lol. Guys were crying like they own stillen stock or somethin. I modded 6 cars and the price trend is the same. High on 1st year. Just like defects on cars are highest on 1st year models. This is a fact. You can use kelly blue book, true delta or any car mag. They will tell u 1st year buyers are guinea pigs to the function n reliabilty of the cars. If u buy a 1st year car? Its best to buy in the 3rd quarter...
My question is... do u guys really race? Or do u mod to say I did it First? Or is it u just wanna be text book racers that picked up a lot of mod terminology then come on here n make people think u can drive those cars you own by having a slight edge on technical terminologies n crap.
More important than mods is having the skill to control a car like this
Hone the skill
There's so much misinformation in this post I woudn't even know where to start. If you think the Z is an exclusive sports car in which manufactures are taking advantage of the owners... you need to take another look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmaball View Post
A person can own an expensive car and still be cheap.
Absolutely. I have seen it done over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
Bud the group that's hitting u now has there own agenda. The more u try to make them understand where u comin from the more they gonna treat u like ur the idiot.
This forum is a cool place if ur just trying to learn from other peoples mistakes on the 1st year model or if u need tips on performing a mod from one of the "real seasoned tuners".
These guys are bringing this hybrid mustang/bimmer mentality into the import tuner culture.
I c ur point n only 5% will. Lol
Its this one sided mentality on this forum that is the tip of the iceberg of american close mindedness. This is why the world hates us. Arrogance and the constant need to belittle the next man to feel better about oneself. Instead of seeing ur point. Ur naive. Oh u expect too much. Like how dumb is that. If u look at the full spectrum of wat this man is saying. He's right. Jeeeez! N he's not stating opinions he stating facts. With an opinion as a sub context. Not vice versa like the rest of u guys.
I don't see how you come to your conclusions. What agenda do you think everyone in this thread has? Do you think the majority of the members on this forum prefer to pay more money and are trying to justify themselves? Nobody is trying to make the OP feel like an idiot. The point that was trying to be made is that prices are not overpriced like the OP is claiming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armensti View Post
paying 2 k for an exhaust for me is to much why? because its just 6-7 feet of pipes welded together. im sure it doesnt cost more then 10% of the price to manufacture the part.
Where I see your viewpoint on this matter I can assure you it costs significantly more than you think to manufacture such a part. The margins are nowhere near that range. Take in to consideration R&D, material costs, pruduction costs, and shipping.
Ryan@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote