View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
need4speed
Base Member

Drives: 08 altima 3.5se
need4speed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
And no I am not surprised or naive in the least bit. I just happen to have witnessed that in the last 15 years the US consumer has gotten dumber and dumber with each passing year and has cast off the buying power they once possessed......all because the need to "gotta have it so I can be BMOC" has completely beaten into oblivion common sense and consumer bargaining savvy.

As long as US consumers keep just handing over rediculous amounts of cash to the carpetbagging manufacturers these rediculous prices are going to continue skyrocketing upward.

And to those who cite that it is all a matter of "supply and demand" then to those folks I say you only have 1/2 of the intended understanding of that principle. The law of supply and demand is a two way street. It's function isn't just to favor the manufacturer which the US consumers apparently only seem to understand with the senseless overpaying they do.

It also works the other way as well.....the consumer doesn't have to wait until he / she is broke to stop buying product. The principle can also be exercised by consumers refusing to buy the overpriced product so that the manufacturers inventory stockpiles as a result of stagnant sales.

If folks wouldn't just jump at every new product put on the market the moment it hits the shelf at the MSRP price-point and rather instead just learn to be patient and ignore the stuff, that crap will stockpile real quick and drive the prices way down.

But no...BMOC ego and the obssessive compulsive pathetic infantile need to always one-up the next guy is the only thing that is the focus of the American consumer anymore....nothing like the proverbial selling of your soul to the Great Imposter.
Bud the group that's hitting u now has there own agenda. The more u try to make them understand where u comin from the more they gonna treat u like ur the idiot.
This forum is a cool place if ur just trying to learn from other peoples mistakes on the 1st year model or if u need tips on performing a mod from one of the "real seasoned tuners".
These guys are bringing this hybrid mustang/bimmer mentality into the import tuner culture.
I c ur point n only 5% will. Lol
Its this one sided mentality on this forum that is the tip of the iceberg of american close mindedness. This is why the world hates us. Arrogance and the constant need to belittle the next man to feel better about oneself. Instead of seeing ur point. Ur naive. Oh u expect too much. Like how dumb is that. If u look at the full spectrum of wat this man is saying. He's right. Jeeeez! N he's not stating opinions he stating facts. With an opinion as a sub context. Not vice versa like the rest of u guys.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote