View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
need4speed
Base Member

Drives: 08 altima 3.5se
need4speed is on a distinguished road

I'm not a mechanic. But I have shelled out a lot of money on mod parts for cars over the years. N wat I can tell u is this much.
NO THEY DON'T FIGURE since u bought a 30k car u can afford a lil more. That's not it at all. N no u
Dual intakes don't call for that much of a premium. N its not cuz nissan is almost an infiniti. Lol. Lol
You people are funny for real.
The Z is the only "2 seat hard top true sports coupe". Let me stress that again for the purists, mechanical engineers n others that luv to argue. The Z is the only 2 seat hard top true sports car in a 30 to 40k price range. 2+2 are gt cars. Convertibles have a different driving dynamic from coupes. So cars that we pretend to be competition like bmw Z4 n Z8, Honda S2000, mazda rx8 pontiac solstice. All either fall into the gt performance meaning 2+2 or gt roadsters which mean topless sports.
Again this is a whole seperate driving experience altogether.
NOW, because the Z has no competition in within 5k of its top price. The bimmer starts at 45k n the cayman at 60k and lotus 50k. this leaves NISSAN the sole proprietor of the "AFFORDABLE TRUE SPORTS CAR." the whole 900 to 600 in 10 years is bogus. I seen body kits go from 1600 to 400 in 5 years.
I seen intakes go from 399 to 199 in 1 year.
The Z can afford to jack prices n hold out on dropping prices cuz there is no competition. See how the car magazines struggle to find a real comparo car. They can't. So they use the cayman and mustang as comparison cars.
Totally unfair. The porsche costs 35k to build. The Z costs right around 18k to build.(before options) Its gonna be more refined. The mustang is a total gt. Not fair.
Anyway... point is. The exclusivity of the car type brings up cost and its bogus imho.
But ur stuck between a rock n a hardplace. If u holdout? Aftermarket won't produce many parts. If u buy u get more parts for cars. 1st year modders get raped. Cuz they have to pay forinitial r&d cost recovery. Once that's paid off. Prices go down.
I got chewed out here by a couple of fruits one time for saying 1st year mods are way to expensive n the companies rape your pockets. Lol. Guys were crying like they own stillen stock or somethin. I modded 6 cars and the price trend is the same. High on 1st year. Just like defects on cars are highest on 1st year models. This is a fact. You can use kelly blue book, true delta or any car mag. They will tell u 1st year buyers are guinea pigs to the function n reliabilty of the cars. If u buy a 1st year car? Its best to buy in the 3rd quarter...
My question is... do u guys really race? Or do u mod to say I did it First? Or is it u just wanna be text book racers that picked up a lot of mod terminology then come on here n make people think u can drive those cars you own by having a slight edge on technical terminologies n crap.
More important than mods is having the skill to control a car like this
Hone the skill
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote