View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyGT View Post
*posted using my mobile device*

PLEASE, PLEASE...STOP referencing/comparing the nissan world, OR ANY other
manufactures world to that of the mighty american mustang! Thats all I have heard out of your mouth is mustang this, and my friends-friends-uncles-brothers-cousin is this or that in the mustang world.

Everyone knows things are typically much cheaper in the world of american stangs/camaros/etc etc - NO ONE CARES.

However, I must say, I did believe the whole 'if it takes this much metal/r&d for this car, what are they doing to make it so special for this car that makes it that expensive'. It frusterated me to no end, but then you just accept the fact that the more expensive a car is, USUALLY parts get more expensive too. It sucks...

But, I have to ask, have you ever been in or around anything other than a mustang?? For someone who claims they've been doing this (mod's) for 20+ years - you seem really surprised/naive to find that things are more expensive for other manufactures, specifically as the price of the car goes up?!?

I mean, the guy who owns a 911 GT3...Do you think he cares to pay 10k for a titanium exhaust after he has already spent 100k+ on the car? It scales man, it scales...

Am I missing something??
And no I am not surprised or naive in the least bit. I just happen to have witnessed that in the last 15 years the US consumer has gotten dumber and dumber with each passing year and has cast off the buying power they once possessed......all because the need to "gotta have it so I can be BMOC" has completely beaten into oblivion common sense and consumer bargaining savvy.

As long as US consumers keep just handing over rediculous amounts of cash to the carpetbagging manufacturers these rediculous prices are going to continue skyrocketing upward.

And to those who cite that it is all a matter of "supply and demand" then to those folks I say you only have 1/2 of the intended understanding of that principle. The law of supply and demand is a two way street. It's function isn't just to favor the manufacturer which the US consumers apparently only seem to understand with the senseless overpaying they do.

It also works the other way as well.....the consumer doesn't have to wait until he / she is broke to stop buying product. The principle can also be exercised by consumers refusing to buy the overpriced product so that the manufacturers inventory stockpiles as a result of stagnant sales.

If folks wouldn't just jump at every new product put on the market the moment it hits the shelf at the MSRP price-point and rather instead just learn to be patient and ignore the stuff, that crap will stockpile real quick and drive the prices way down.

But no...BMOC ego and the obssessive compulsive pathetic infantile need to always one-up the next guy is the only thing that is the focus of the American consumer anymore....nothing like the proverbial selling of your soul to the Great Imposter.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote