View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
gvd
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Nismo
gvd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd View Post
Thanks for getting back to me. I have contacted Pioneer and they said they would send me a new cable. I also looked up the one on Ebay ($55) and it is the same one that Pioneer will send me "CDP 1195". I purchased my Head Unit on Ebay at a great price $895 including the Pioneer Camera. My installer would of picked up the tab if I had bought it through them. He wants $100 to install this defective cable because he claims he has to take out the whole dash again. My concern is if it is indeed defective or did our installers crimp a line or left the connection loose? I would like to watch the installers do the new installation but I doubt they would let me. What is a nightmare is if the new cable becomes defective at some point? I sure hope not. I really appreciate the sound this HU brings to the table and I have to have everything work correctly. Especially speakers!! Anyway, what are the chances of this happening? It has never happened to me before. If anyone has had this happen to them please let me know as I am going to try and Pioneer to reimburse me. Yes, I know. Good luck with that one.
i really can't say, the second time was the charm for me but it all depends on whether your installer is worth their salt. if they know what they're doign taking out the dash etc isn't that big a deal, they replaced mine in like 30 mins and offered to let me watch. all i'd suggest is if they let you watch make them plug in the new cord first and see if everything works, before they put the dash back in if possible. great price btw on the HU, and rear cam. didn't get that on mine. good luck
gvd is offline   Reply With Quote