View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJRabbit View Post
Hey FL 4Motion and Imperial say hello to your buddies at Nissan when you get to work today.

I DON'T CARE what you think about what Nissan Should or Should Not do. Call me Noob, Dork, Selfish A-Hole...whatever you want. Ridicule me until your fingers get tired.

There is Right and Wrong and not putting an engine oil cooler on the 09-11 370z models was wrong. Too many people reported problems for anything else to be true.

I, for one, am going to do everything in my power to fix this. None of you know me even a little bit so ridicule that as well.

I didn't buy a NISMO to mod the heck out of it. I wanted a car that was pretty much modded to begin with. And I wanted a car that was Right.

How many motors have blown on 09-11 Zs b/c of overheating oil? Answer: zero. In street driving, it's not an issue.

That said, of course the best answer from Nissan would have been to offer a warranteed retrofit that the customer could pay for out of their own pocket if they own an 09-11 and want a warranteed cooler. It's still not the end of the world though.

Prior to the cooler install, driving around the summer last year in FL, I never saw over 230 deg on the street (driving normally, NOT spririted mountain cruse etc). Limp mode is 280 deg btw.

BTW, I'm not ridiculing you, I just get tired of seeing some folks on here feel they are entitled to year over year model upgrades that aren't a safety issue. Nissan could have been "better" about this oil cooler thing, but they aren't screwing over 09-11 owners either.

It almost seems to me that folks would be happier if they HADN't added the oil cooler so we could all just sit around and b!tch about it but no one (ie. '12+ owners) was better off than us.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote