View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
mattjk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z K51 09 Elise
mattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond reputemattjk has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some pics of how I fixed it. BTW, it is not a paint defect, it is a molding flaw. There is a small raised bump at the corner which make the paint rub off. The passenger side does not have the bump, so it does not have the paint rubbing issue.

BTW, I only have 600 miles on the car and it was already starting to peel. I applied some crazy glue under the paint so it would not get any worse, and will later apply some touch up paint.

Here I glued a small strip of plastic I cut from a CD case lid. The thickness seems to be perfect.

Here is how it looks when mounted.

and from where you are standing, you can't see the plastic strip.

I did the other side as well, just to be safe. I will probably do the rear corners also.
mattjk is offline   Reply With Quote