View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
kellyefields
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Supercharged
kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

Ok I decided to tackle the dash today following the service manual for the removal. The manual works very well that I figured there was no reason to do a dyi for this. but for all those thinking you can get to the guages without removing the dash think again. look at the picture below and you see those four screws holding in the guage cluster there is no way to get to them without the dash being removed. Also the guage cluster is set up in such a way that you would need to change all three. I used prosport guages and once I get the power back up I will snap a pic. but for those worried about the size of the job it only took about 2.5 hrs to remove the dash. It actually took me longer to figure how I was going to remount the guages. The only speciality tools needed is the locking hex bolt for the removal of the steering wheel and body panel removal tools (the plastic pry bars) and then assorted sockets and screwdrivers, needle nose pliers. but not a bad job and everything came out easily and going back in just as easy. all in all about a 5 hr job to take out and put back in and then add the amount of time figuring out what/how you want to run your guages.

[IMG][/IMG]