View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #35 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation ** very important note**

A couple of weeks after installing my new ducts I noticed that my ABS warning lot was coming on intermittently. After taking the wheels off I discovered what was going on.

The metal zip tie I used to secure the brake hose to the duct on the rotor was rubbing against the ABS line. It was starting to slowly cut through the line. Luckily, I noticed this before actually cutting through the insulation.

Although this picture is not the best angle, you can see how the line runs next the duct. I had to drill out the rivets on the passenger side duct (very easy to do) and move the duct about ½ inch away from the ABS sensor. It should be pretty obvious when you do the install. Just make sure that no part of the brake hose or clamp touches the ABS line or sensor.

Also, it would be a good time to remove the ABS sensor (10mm socket) and clean it off. Mine was covered in brake dust.