View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
SAM@GTM
NOT AN ACTIVE SPONSOR. DO NOT BUY

Drives: 370Z
SAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Although it does sound great and fairly inexpensive to upgrade your software to the tuner version so you can tune the car yourself or have someone that does not have the tuner software themselves to be able to tune the car now, But I Don't think it is such a good idea and i always try to talk our customers out of it, Even though it is a easy buck for us . Now don't get me wrong in some cases this option could come real handy, Also this option what makes our FI kits superior to any other kit in the market sense all you have to do is just update the ECU license that you have for a small fee and now you can do what ever you want.But few things you need to keep in mind before you take this step.

- Tuning your FI car does require a high level of experience and i think learning how to tune your car and having the ability to do some tweaking may sound exiting but you just need to also know that there is no room for mistakes.

- Sure,Having the tuner lic on your ecu is great because now you can take your car and cable to any tuner shop and they will tune it for you, but that on its own is also risky because if that tuner is not on the uprev web site to begin with, it means that he can not be that familiar with you car and most likely he will be getting that experience on your car .

So keep this in mind, if it is not broken don't fix it .

Sam

Last edited by SAM@GTM; 10-16-2011 at 10:35 PM.
SAM@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote