View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
lol, it was just for fun to see if anyone by chance would get it.

It's actually Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger. It is BY FAR the highest shine on a white car I think i've ever seen and i've detailed quite a few cars in my life. You spray it on lightly, buff with a MF towel and just continue to buff... it just soaks into the paint. So it's basically just a quick detailer... but it really is a layer of sealant. My car has to stay outside so I can't say the durability of it, but it's so easy that you wash your car and you can put a coat of this stuff on in 15 minutes or less.

It can also be layered 30 minutes after application. I have 2 coats on .. but in person ... man it looks awesome! About 17.00 for a bottle that would likely do the car at least 15 times... likely more however. I bought 2 and I think shipping was 6 or 8.00 so it's not ridiculous like some places.

I think I know why you may have been banned.

Wax/LSP does VERY little in terms of bringing out any kind of shine. It's all in the polishing itself. Wax/sealant/whatever is just meant to protect. The only time wax would really make a shine difference is if it had fillers that masked the swirls.

I did a fun little trick like this with my detailing friends. They wanted to know what lsp I used as the car had a great, deep gloss to it. They kind of felt a little stupid when I told them I had yet to put the wax on the car. Some people get it, and some people buy into product hype offering the MOST AMAZING SHINE IN THE WORLD.

It's all really in the mind. Some people are happy with Adams, some are happy with Pinnacle, Megs, mothers, whatever. Fact is, it's all the prep work (polishing, wet sanding...etc) that goes into have a car with flawless paint. The majority of the products used mean very little (I promise I could walk into pep boys and only buying products from them do a detail job that will rival pro detailers with "pro" products). Pictures also mean nothing as your eyes will view everything differently.

Last edited by gaveup; 10-13-2011 at 04:34 PM.
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote