View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #1635 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Yup, the price of shipping is already factored into the price of the car even after the discount. So you don't pay extra to ship it back after driving it there. You just get the discount! Also, Lufthansa gives you buy-one-get-one-free airline ticket to Munich to pick up the car, so you can bring a friend and split flight cost. They have several dropoff locations throughout europe, so you don't have to drive back to munich at the end of your trip.

As to why it is cheaper, I am not 100% on this yet, but I would assume you are avoiding some kind of new car export tax since you arent shipping out a new car, but a used one.

AAAAnd another kicker. You can choose to have it shipped to North Carolina BMW performance center and you can go pick it up there. They pay one night hotel, days food and they let you drive a similarly equipped M3 at their test track all day with a Pro instructor..all for free. Of course then you have to figure out how to get your car home after that. In my case, a nice drive down the coastline from NC to Miami. (You can also choose to have it shipped directly to your dealer).
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote