View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #93 (permalink)
The BlueMax
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370/97 T/A 01 ZRX
The BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
As far as driving feel, I would say this: the current Z generation provides a fun filled driving experience. Sure the car is raw, noisy, loud, rough, has a chatty clutch, kidney shaker is not the fastest (though Nissan never set out with that in mind) but that doesn't take away from the whole experience if not, it gets you involve all the more imo.

Are there better and more powerful alternatives to the Z? Absolutely.
Are those alternatives as great in terms of value? I think not. Paying $500/oil change and repairs that were high enough to be a fraction of the price of the Z got old after a few years, so Z for the win to me for a long time.

As far as the low sales numbers, I would attribute it more so on the current economic environment, the other cars you vaguely referred to have functional rear seats. Honestly, I don't mind enjoying the scarcity of the Z while it lasts, the current gen is going on 3 years but it's still fairly scarce to come by one on the road.
The unanimity of less than 10K cars imported, even for the last 3 years makes them kind-of scarce, a certain type of unique value is bestowed