View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #80 (permalink)
11Thumper
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z, '01 S2k
11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfatdude View Post
Well, i came from another cheap 'sports' car and i have to admit, the s2000 has much better driving feel...in a way more connected to the road. However, for long commutes, it becomes an absolute chore with the engine sound, vibrations and crampness of space...

I still love both cars though...
I've driven my S2000 on 800+ mile (per day) trips and it never really bothered me. I have an AP2 but still, the differences are somewhat minor in the end. When it gets too loud I drop the top (makes it less noisy lol) and enjoy the breeze.

Perhaps it's because I have the 7AT, but my Z is fairly happy doing the commute gig or being stuck in traffic. It doesn't feel like a chore at all. It's fairly relaxing, more room than my Honda and more comfortable. I'm 6'2" and 235 lbs mind you.

Forget the transmission differences for a minute. If I had to track one I would pick the Z. It's just easier to drive at the limit and a little more fun at the same time. The S2000 has better road feel but is waaaaay too -happy for me.

To each his/her own. Just enjoy the ride!