View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #6894 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post

The paint on the weds is about as good as it gets though. Same thing happens to other wheels too unless you use special sockets or wrap your socket with masking tape where you leverage the bore hole. I just give it 3-4 layers of tape if my protective sockets are in use on another ratchet. No scratches. . Another reason why I usually roll in my wheels loose than bring the car to the tire store (unless tirerack cause they know how to handle wheels not to scuff them).
True... although the rear 10.5 +15 wheel does have an extremely sunk face which makes it harder than most wheels to bolt lugs on. The coating is great for resisting dust and stains, but I could chip it off with my fingernail.

Oh well, hopefully won't have much of an issue from now on.