View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #6889 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Birds know better than to drop on the 40th Quartz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapoZalsa View Post
It was a freak accident doing like 20 mph, it happened in split second. The freaking SUV in the right lane impacted the car in front of him. I'm in the left lane, the traffic is slow and it seems that when he impact the car in front of him his SUV slighty jump to my lane as I was passing and I clipped his rear driver bumper with my front passenger side.

Of course the SUV suffered minor damage to the bumper and my car got the worst of it. I didn't expected that much damage at that speed. I have been so pissed that I haven't want to talk about it.

That sucks. sorry to hear. Wishing you a speedy repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeOne View Post
No!

Yes....

They got scratched the second I put them on. I was just tired of dealing with the thin *** weds coatings so I'm doing something about it. Pics coming soon.

The paint on the weds is about as good as it gets though. Same thing happens to other wheels too unless you use special sockets or wrap your socket with masking tape where you leverage the bore hole. I just give it 3-4 layers of tape if my protective sockets are in use on another ratchet. No scratches. . Another reason why I usually roll in my wheels loose than bring the car to the tire store (unless tirerack cause they know how to handle wheels not to scuff them).