View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
I have an M45X for all that "stuff" which I admit is really nice to have and I wouldn't mind it I had it in my Z but not something I'd expect in what is supposed to be a sports car aimed primarily at performance' especially at the Z's price point.

Backup cameras make some real sense in large vehicles but I just don't see any logic in it for a sports car...as hard to see out of as the Z might be it's just not that large of a care nor the sight lines that bad...even with a camera, if you aren't using your outside rear-view mirrors when backing up then you are asking for trouble!

Of course, if people want to install one for themselves; more power to them!
OLD THREAD, VIABLE TOPIC.

I basically feel the same way. We can't have all the insane technologies in our sports cars. Leave all that for luxury passenger cars. I think the camera on the mirror was a great idea though. The extra safety doesn't hurt, though I agree that car size makes a camera a negligable option. If you need intell cruise in a Z? Then you shouldn't be buying a Z. The only bit of tech that I feel the Z needs from base model are ipod/usb/xm capability on the stereo. Its just standard on so many cars. Even on a 12k Kia. Lol, its kind of embarrassing on the nissan cars not to have them standard.
I read NISSAN updated quality on all its RDS systems. Especially on sentra, altima, maxima and Z. I take deliveery of my 2011 for sure tomorrow. I hope the RDS has an improved sound quality I can enjoy? Until I finish buying all my aftermarket stereo components, I'm stuck with the stock radio. Other than the sound system. I think the Z is perfectly equipped. The raising price of the Z with no updates bothers me more than anything else though. It could be worse. We could be at 1996 Z prices.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote