View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 10:22 AM   #74 (permalink)
dlmartin81
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z
dlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so the Evo X has a crappy tune out of the box. Well, if you've read any of the journals here (semtex's, DannyGT's, RCZ's, DDM, TravisJB, to name a few) you'll find that the Z has a very restrictive exhaust/air flow. DDM's only had the HFC + CBE from BERK and it made 312whp. I forget what the baseline was but I'm sure it was around the low to mid 170s (correcty me if I'm wrong DDM). So that's like a 35-40whp gain....just from the headers back.

I'm not nockin the EVO. That was my other consideration, believe me. I just happened to pick the Z over the EVO for it's looks and the better bang for the buck. Sport package Z comes with soo many nice features as we all know by now.

Last edited by dlmartin81; 07-30-2009 at 10:27 AM.