View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supunna_picta View Post
After my first track day was sullied by excessive oil temps and rev limiting moments I put on a Z1 25 row oil cooler. Here's some feedback that 2 or 3 of you might find useful.

After a 1500 mile road trip here's some rough numbers:

3000-7000 foot altitude, 64-82 degree weather and 70 to 80mph cruising you will sit at sub 180 degree temps with needle swings just above and significantly below 180 (often around 160). A plate is recommended for daily driven Z's during cold weather.

Track day (5000ft), 80-85 degree weather I was pushing the car and hit 250, maybe 260 for a short stint. No cut-off. It was sweet.

Get one if you plan on tracking your car at all, it's going to allow you to focus on other weaknesses of the car, like brakes.
The temps you saw on the road trip are exactly what I see with the Z1 25 row cooler and thermo plate. Best investment yet! No need for any oil related problems for not alot of money. Im betting many would be just fine with a 19 row cooler if at all in doubt!
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote