View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #64 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapiano View Post
I did adjust my clutch to engage earlier (about 1/2 inch from the floor) and it feels much better. One benefit is the pedal does not have to travel as far to engage, which allows for faster shifting between gears. Very simple tweak to do.
Right now it feels like I'm not pressing the clutch pedal down enough to shift gears because every once in awhile when I downshift to 2nd for a turn the gears want to grind.

With the 350Z and clutch adjustment, I remember adjusting it in the wrong direction and getting almost the same feeling as if the clutch wasn't fully disengaged despite the pedal being fully depressed. It would allow me to engage sooner, but that was the draw back. To alleviate this issue, I had to raise the engagement point.

Right now the engagement point feels a bit lower than stock (near the top). It makes me wonder if this adjustment will help resolve this issue.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 09-09-2011 at 11:43 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote