View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #112 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm kidding with that last post btw!

Some of my (poorly educated) theories

- nissan was right to put the spoiler lip on the back... exactly because of the picture above... if they didn't there would be a lift effect of higher pressure below car vs above

- my car has a rear diffuser... I actually want the air to stay "attached" on the rear deck lid and to then flow under the rear wing... it will theoretically then "re-attach" with the high speed air coming from the rear diffuser and the air coming out of the rear diff cooler box... I want all that to be as laminar as possible to minimize drag... I also want all that to hug the surface of the rear deck lid to avoid having turbulent air come in contact with the wing... that part I can be certain of... goal is to get high speed 'clean air' to the wing and keep all the turbulent air associated with roof and boundary separation 12" below the wing

- therefore I need VGs at the rear roof

- therefore I need VGs on the rear decklid

What I don't know... do I need VGs on the front wind splitter? do I need VGs on the leading edge of the rear diffuser?
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote