View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #109 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

fun reading... don't know if you guys actually read through all those links but I'm going through now... friday night for married guys! any event, you'll notice from the excerpt below that the 15mm height when using a delta wing style vortex generator is within ~10% of the coefficient of lift benefit of the 25mm height... in other words, the VGs I bought should work fine... clearly on the EVO this test came from it was the right decision to go with 25mm... and I'm curious what 35mm would have looked like - unfortunately they didn't test it... but 15mm gets me 90% of the way there

I suspect we also have a tighter boundary layer vs evo, given our less steeply slopped windshield and overall better aero, which would just reinforce the choice to get a smaller VG than used on the EVO

Quote:
This graph shows the test results of the delta shaped vortex generators. The tested height of these vortex generators were again 15, 20 and 25mm. The test results showed a similar decrease in drag and lift coefficients of 0.006 for 15 and 20mm delta vortex generators. For 25mm high deltas the drag decrease remained much the same but the coefficient of lift decreased by 0.007.
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote