View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Umm the 09 I drove couldn't go past 21mpg no matter what, my Z can do 24 easily doing the same thing with giant tires

Winter driving, I will take AWD too.

Performance around a road course? I will take the car with more power/weight ratio anyday. You do know the EVO basically dies after 110-120mph right? It's hard to push a brick around on a 2L. Also the short ratio gear box will make the car feel incredible down low, but nothing at the top end.

If I have to rely on the stability control to go fast, I would go buy a Mercedes or stick with computer simulation.

Given I rarely see stock EVOs at the track, it's hard for me to comment on how they drive at the track. The Z is not great, but I am not sure if it is much slower.

You are right about the resale value, of course the EVO did cost more than the Z to begin with. Getting 30K on a car you paid 35K for is the same as me getting 25K for a 30K car.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes709 View Post
Gas mileage: not sure why people are saying the Z gets better...i was averaging about 13-15/100km in the Z. I'm at 10.7L/100km with the Evo.

Winter/Weather driving: Well it doesnt take much IQ to realise AWD beats RWD

Performance: Evo takes it again. Sure the Z has abit more hp, but the Evo will beat it on the 1/4 mile and road course.

Ride quality: yea ill admit that the 370z had better quality for DD. What you gotta remember about the rough ride in the Evo is, its ment to shine on a track. Take your car to a road course and you will see how she handles and how it shines. Also the clutch chatter in the Z is retarded.

Looks: well having 4 doors is a plus...get better performance and yet you get 4 doors. I'm half and half on which car looks better.

Now to top it off...the S-AWC system in the Evo will not only help you on the track (if you end up racing) but this thing will save your *** on the streets if something comes up. And it doesnt effect the power output like the Z's VDC system does.

This was me the other day at the track. Came around the turn and one of my tires clipped the edge of the track and i lost traction. The system in the car helped me get straight again, even though i turned the traction control off (one push)
EvoX @ Stratotech - YouTube

Also the Z holds a HORRIBLE resale value....the Evo doesnt (hence why used evo's are like 30K)

Last edited by cossie1600; 08-30-2011 at 09:55 PM.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote