View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #81 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

So I am thinking about entering the 370Z into the Mojave Mile coming up in October. Its a standing mile event, same thing as the Texas Mile, but in CA.

Mojave Mile: The Fastest Mile in the West

For those that don't follow my website/blog/facebook/etc. I have a series of posts about my automotive bucket list (click here to see the list). #12 on that list is to compete in a standing mile competition.

I am hesitant only because it probably wont be that cool in my 370Z which is completely bone stock as far as power mods go. There's a 370Z that ran the Texas Mile at 143mph and a lightly modified Nismo 350Z that ran the Mojave Mile also at 143mph so I figure thats right around where I will be with my 370Z. Going over 140mph is fast, but for me personally not that exciting, especially in a straight line. I go faster than that nearly every lap at most tracks I go to with the Berk Technology team and their time attack 135i. There are some tracks where I am entering turns in their car at 150+mph so 140mph in a straight line isn't going to make my socks roll up and down.

So if I were to go with the 370Z, the fun things for me will just be participating in the event, the atmosphere of the event, seeing some cool cars, and geeking out prior to the event trying to make little aero mods out of Home Depot materials that will give me a few more mph.

Has anyone ever been to a standing mile competition? If you have, would it be worth it to go with a basically stock 370Z or is it a type of event where you really need to have a fast car to have fun?
Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote