View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
JvKintheUSA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Shelby GT500
JvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond repute

I could no longer stand the rear clunk, so I went to the dealership a second time. They now say it is the driver side CV joint and ordered a new one for me. It should be here by the end of the week and I will report back.

**UPDATE**

8/03/09 - Dropped the Z off at the Nissan dealer in Streetsboro Ohio, and they have to keep it overnight. Apparently the part that came in (CV joint and wheel axle) does not match the original part. The service manager stated that Nissan made a design change after my car's production date and they have to consult with their technical support tomorrow as to how to move ahead with fixing this clunking issue. We'll see what happens next, but my advice is, if you hear a clunking noise from N to R or N to 1st and second, visit your local Nissan dealer, cause there might be an issue with your real axle/CV joints. In my case it is the right rear, although the sound seemed to come from the left rear.

Last edited by JvKintheUSA; 08-03-2009 at 05:46 PM.
JvKintheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote