Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #238 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergoji View Post
have you tested the blinders yet?

i have seen video's proving they are very effective and video's proving they suck.
No, I haven't tested them yet. Not having access to a real laser speed gun makes that hard . Apparently it's either much more discriminating against falses than my V1, or just plain broken, one of the two. I pointed an IR remote control at the car and it set off the V1 but not the blinder. The IR remote operates at 980nm and police laser guns are at 904nm though, so my gut feeling is that the Blinder is just rejecting false signals better. Sometime this week I'm going to hunt down a cheap 904nm testing source, there must be some random crappy product at Fry's that happens to emit that wavelength or something (or worst case, I'll just buy a 904nm laser diode and build one myself).