View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold
Default 1994 Chevrolet Corvette Paint Correction

Friend/client of mine wanted his baby buffed and corrected, so I took this beast on. It only has about 30k miles for an almost 20 year old car. Great shape overall. Problem is, it was swirled all to heck. Little did I know that I was going to take on the hardest clear coat I have ever buffed...

Turns out, I had to go over it twice with an M105/IP orange pad combo. Even then, there were still some really deep scratches still remaining. I didn't want to cut too far as I still have to invest in a paint gauge on of these days. Nevertheless, I stopped at about 95% correction.

Thanks to all the forum members that responded to my initial inquiry earlier this week of how to tackle this project.

Total hours invested: 10

Equipment/Process used:

ONR wash
ONR spot clay

Flex 3401
Menz IP - orange CCS pad
M105 - orange CCS pad
85RD - gray CCS pad
PC
EZ Creme glaze (love this stuff) - blue CCS pad
Jetseal 109 (again love this stuff) - red CCS pad cured for 8 hours
Supernatural (might be my favorite LSP...so versatile and sooo wet looking)
Wheels dressed with OCW
Tires dressed with Sonax Tire Gel

PICS (these are UNALTERED)

BEFORE PICS:

Friend/client of mine wanted his baby buffed and corrected, so I took this beast on. It only has about 30k miles for an almost 20 year old car. Great shape overall. Problem is, it was swirled all to heck. Little did I know that I was going to take on the hardest clear coat I have ever buffed...

Turns out, I had to go over it twice with an M105/IP orange pad combo. Even then, there were still some really deep scratches still remaining. I didn't want to cut too far as I still have to invest in a paint gauge on of these days. Nevertheless, I stopped at about 95% correction.

Thanks to all the forum members that responded to my initial inquiry earlier this week of how to tackle this project.

Total hours invested: 10

Equipment/Process used:

ONR wash
ONR spot clay

Flex 3401
Menz IP - orange CCS pad
M105 - orange CCS pad
85RD - gray CCS pad
PC
EZ Creme glaze (love this stuff) - blue CCS pad
Jetseal 109 (again love this stuff) - red CCS pad cured for 8 hours
Supernatural (might be my favorite LSP...so versatile and sooo wet looking)
Wheels dressed with OCW
Tires dressed with Sonax Tire Gel

PICS (these are UNALTERED)

BEFORE PICS:

as it arrived Monday night...

IN PROGRESS 50/50 PICS:

AFTER ORANGE PAD POLISHING ONLY:

AFTER GRAY PAD POLISHING (no glaze):

2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote