View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
NCSUPACK09
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10 370Z MB 6MT SP
NCSUPACK09 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to NCSUPACK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambidxtrous View Post
Use my OTD as a benchmark.

My total cost for the 2011 370z, with sport package was 35,500. This was my OTD price.

Be very careful, no matter how good you are at negotiating. They will try to get you at the end. When you're about to sign that contract, there's a box that says, selling price. Which is what you agree to with the salesman. and then there's that box that says, "Total cost" which is the cost you agreed to PLUS finance cost. Don't be fooled. Finance charge should be included in your OTD cost.

You should always walk away at this point. They will remove it if you do the walk away method. That's what I did..and yeah it causes a little bit of drama on the floor. But I saved about 1400 dollars by doing that.

NOTE: I paid 56% down payment cash.

Excellent credit: 3.99% APR 48 term
NO WARRANTY, NO ALARM LOCATION DEVICE. all ******** on what they try to sell you after you agreed on a price with your saleman. just say no to everything!

You shouldn't really use OTD price as a benchmark unless the person lives in the same state as you. Everyone has different tax rates (in VA its 3%, but in CA i think its like 9.25%), which will make the OTD price significantly different. I do agree though that you need to make sure that you negotiate based on the OTD price vs. sale price so there are no surprises when you actually go to purchase the vehicle.