View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #5277 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
I drove my 370 for the first time in a week today -- also the first real drive with my new clutch return spring. I am liking it quite a bit. If you have not done this mod, you must (auto trans guys need not apply).
ive not had a chance to pull out that spring yet. wish those springs were readily available... maybe i should just use a rubber band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Onze can't I put the springs on the torque converter? Or maybe on the paddle shifters? Has to be a way to make this mod work LOL
hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911sc View Post
is the clutch spring something that can be DIY? My Z is my only manual car so I don't really know any other clutch feeling. Might just keep it stock..
Quote:
Thanks!!

What's the cost for one of those springs? Can I get one myself? I'm such a wimp I might not even want to do the mod in fear of me damaging something haha
it's kind of a back breaker ordeal under there but im sure you can manage. ive not done mine (yet?).

Quote:
So I'm curious, other cars I've felt the clutch on that were manual, when you engage and disengage there's a part in the clutch travel where the clutch travel has a totally different "stiffness" to the clutch past a certain point. Is that what this is going to add?
yah, the Z's clutch pedal action is very linear. which kinda throws us oldskool MT drivers off. it's nowhere near as bad as the old STI clutches where it felt like a springy rubberband.