View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #5013 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
Ken..... That sounded like a nightmare. Sorry to hear. If that happened to me, I would've had to clay bar, then prolly have to buff the entire car with my Flex. That would turn into an 8 hr ordeal or more.... that's how long it takes me to fully buff a car.

Yeah not a fan of black emblems or debadged emblems for that matter. For me, it takes away the "class" of the car. Again, just my opinion.

Question though, why didn't you physically remove the badges before you plastidipped it? And did you leave the rear emblem black dipped too? How about the overspray by the rear of car?
hey G2Z - yah, honestly i was thinking about pulling out my RO and polishing the entire car too, but i looked at my clock, i gauged how much energy was left in me, and thinking i would need to do 2 cars, i better do a temporary clean for now, and then do a full detail another day if im not happy. i ran my fingers all over the car and checked for contamination but it was smooth by the time i was done so i think im okay.

the entire theme of plasti-dipping is that you can do this without removing the emblems...well that's wat it's portrayed at the lexus forums and at the370z as well. it was suppose to be a quick and fun paint, peel off excess, and enjoy thing. i was 100% not aware the overspray was sticky. if i would've known this i would not have used plasti-dip and just removed the emblems off the car and painted in my usual means.