View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #103 (permalink)
DJ-of-E
Track Member

Drives: 00 Toyota Celica 040
DJ-of-E is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
I'm talking to him on YouTube.

Him------In 45 seconds I put the car to 250 degrees, not 240. It clearly was 2 ticks below 260. And my car starts limiting at 260 and at that point, I stop driving. And "beat the ****" ouf the car? I was driving it easy for that road. I could upshifted into 3rd and kept the acceleration going. The 370z is a terrible car. I am sorry you feel otherwise. Comming from me, an owner, I think my opinion has more weight to it than most who do not own it.
One Sunday morning, I hit 240 going through the entire GMR with a 5000RPM limit...never over past that. Yeah, this car does have its issues with oil temps after hitting redline, but if the redline is around 6200 RPM like the first gen 350z, I don't see an issue with temps as well.

And a NISMO Oil cooler should be more than enough for his issues. I mean, if there's an issue, learn to deal with it and not just be a baby. For all I know, his parents bought the car and he still couldn't afford a stillen oil cooler kit. If this was a Miata, he probably complain how little power it has for a "sports" car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARDCORE View Post
I really think there might be something wrong with my Z after the oil cooler exploded.
Yeah...just like EVERYONE ELSE IN THE FREAKEN FORUM, he probably did something wrong with the car. I am mechanically sound, but when I saw the 370z, I knew many aspects of the car is already beyond my capabilities. So shops like Corner3 get my vote as a place to go to get things done without me spending hours figuring how it should be done.

Last edited by DJ-of-E; 08-09-2011 at 07:36 PM.
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote