Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #235 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Installed the sensors for my Blinder M25 laser jammer today. Semtex already did a writeup with pics on this so I won't bother (over here). The Gearwrench Microdriver is pretty much invaluable for the Blinder install, as the mounting screws would be a bitch to reach with anything else inside the grill.

I cut the two lower peices of plastic on the grill itself like Semtex did and mounted in roughly the same place, but I didn't shorten the mounting brackets, so mine are slightly more to the inside than his. Ran the wiring through the tiny hole just below the passenger-side Gen 3 intake tube (it's a little square hole that the telephone jacks happen to barely fit through), then ran the wiring up the passenger side of the engine bay near some factory wiring, and popped it through the big rubber grommet for the ECU wiring harness (and sealed my hole with black RTV).

So the sensors and sensor wiring is all done, but I haven't done the interior part yet. I just plugged it all up laying in the passenger seat to test it with a bench power supply so far. Interior might happen tomorrow AM, I haven't quite decided where and how to mount the switch/LED.