View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #1001 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
Great stuff boss, there are certainly no shortage of languages and you are now expected to know most if not all of them. The more programming languages you have under the belt, the better it is for you. I used to program in C and C++ but reached my brain cells limits once pointers got involved in C++. I've found PERL to be logically similar to C. ASP, .NET, PERL, PHP, SQL scripting are popular and are also great foundations for intrusion detection engineering(hacking) should you decide to dabble with it...ethical hacking of course
At my uni (and beyond) they really focused on learning how and why programming languages work and the basic concepts and data structures/algorithms/etc., and not focusing on learning the syntax only. I love pointers, and I try to use them whenever practical, haha. I'm very confident that I can learn the ins and outs of any language syntax in a day or less due to this approach. Yeah I'd really like to learn perl and python but I have to find some good projects to apply it towards, otherwise I'll just end up forgetting what I learned. I don't have much interest in hacking/intrusion/shady stuff but I do love to make DIY projects for around the house. Right now I'm almost done making a midi controller footswitch for one of my guitar pedals.