View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #998 (permalink)
birdmanx1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Nismo
birdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond reputebirdmanx1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to birdmanx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughanabe13 View Post
Lately I've been doing a lot of firmware stuff in embedded C and assembly. Also we use various combos of C, C++, C# (.net), Java, occasionally VB.NET for legacy stuff, verilog for my HDL when I need it, and I'm tinkering around with some scripting languages on the side but not really using those at work. Plus typical SQL database stuff. We do more hardware than software at my job so we usually prefer embedded C/asm or C# on the PC side, mostly because the Visual Studio IDE is the best ever created, IMO.
Great stuff boss, there are certainly no shortage of languages and you are now expected to know most if not all of them. The more programming languages you have under the belt, the better it is for you. I used to program in C and C++ but reached my brain cells limits once pointers got involved in C++. I've found PERL to be logically similar to C. ASP, .NET, PERL, PHP, SQL scripting are popular and are also great foundations for intrusion detection engineering(hacking) should you decide to dabble with it...ethical hacking of course
370Z NISMO #0462 | ClearBra | 3M tint | Head/Taillights | Dynamat | Black Roof | Tommy Kaira HB | CF Parts | Berk HFCs | FI SS | NST Pulleys | Takeda aFe | K&N | H&R Spacers | Swift Spec R | SPC F&R | Zuperman M370
Nismo Vid | Nismo Journal | Nismo Rumble
birdmanx1 is offline   Reply With Quote