View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:43 AM   #4507 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmaster View Post
okay .. today i told a friend about me putting a dual cold air intake n my 307z.. and he said it was better to put a inner intake.. not sure what he means.. is he right?
My guess is your friend was referring to a short ram-air intake, which keeps the filters up in the engine bay as opposed to over the front bumper. Historically a number of the cold air intakes in the past caused the vehicles that they were installed upon to suffer from hydro lock once the intake was submerged in deep water or succumbed to a large volume of water from...say...a large puddle that the driver powered through. This does not happen (that I've heard) with the Stillen Gen 3 design because it sits so high.

Anyways, good luck with your decision. Hopefully this was helpful.
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub