View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 10:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Killer View Post
That sounds good but how would that affect my car being a daily driver? I haven't don't any research on where to start for purchase on the 4.08, and I believe everyone is talking about the quiafe lsd and having to order some other parts from nissan when doing the replacement.
There's a couple thread's on here about the 4.08s. I'd just pm JNaut and ask him personnaly. You can pick up the gears and install kit from a couple places, it's just OEM manual trans frontier pickup gears so they're not outragously expensive or hard to source. Z1 Motorsports is the first place the pops into my head since I've looked at their website. They also carry the quaife lsd and install kits too. Pretty much any aftermarket install for an lsd will require some extras. I'm not an expert on that particualr issue but sometimes shims are needed to get everything to line up, also depending on the carrier, you might need half shafts I believe. I'd give Z1 a call or email and see what they tell you.

As far as affecting driveability, I can't tell you first hand, since I don't have them but they will shorten first gear so some folks aren't very comfortable with that. Also, highway cruzing rpms will rise by around 300 rpms. I've seen soem folks say that the synchro rev match is a little bit off with them, and then others have said not really so it could be an issue if you use that feature. There's also 3.90 gears as well which I think Zat Zuma, a member on here went to after not being satisified with the daily drivability of the 4.08s. (don't quote me on that, though, I might have his name mixed up w/someone else).

Powertrain

/\ link to Z1