View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
dirtrat
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z/Touring/Sp
dirtrat is on a distinguished road
Default Roadtrip report and wrong gas put in car

Just recently got back from a 1000+ mile trip. This was my first long trip with my car. Overall I'm pretty happy with the comfort of the car although at the age of 50 I can tell you that 8 hours of driving per day is about my limit. The leg room on the passenger side is pretty lmited although my son is shorter and he didn't do much driving. We made a stop right before we hit a large mountain range (4800 ft) to get gas and I asked my son to fill the tank while I hit the restroom. He forgot about the 91 octane requirement and put 7 gallons of 87 octane in the tank. I was a little concerned because of the mountains we were about to climb. The car ran perfectly the entire trip and as soon as we were over the mountains I filled up again with some 92 octane to mix it up. I also notice 2 new problems on the car during the trip. I found an annoying rattle in the dash behind the stereo while driving certain parts of I-5. I also have a high pitched whine that occassionaly comes from my AC fan. I'll need to get these taken care of before my 1st year of the warranty is over. Overall I'm pretty happy with the car for a long trip. Not as comfortable as a large sedan but it was tolerable.
dirtrat is offline   Reply With Quote