View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #4443 (permalink)
BeachZTT
Track Member

Drives: '10 BC ZR T/S/Nav
BeachZTT is a jewel in the roughBeachZTT is a jewel in the roughBeachZTT is a jewel in the roughBeachZTT is a jewel in the rough

Trying to decide if we are going to drive the Z to NoVA today(GMU). Our daughter has to have her wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow and is working a summer internship up near school. We are going to stay tonight and take her to her appt tomorrow. Z or Xterra....

We took the to roadster our for frozen yogurt last night.

Passed 15k and am now getting the service alert. She will go to the dealership this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post

Thanks Beach... your edit on Nitex's shot looks awesome. What did you do and how did you do it???
I use Adobe Lightroom for most of my editing. Lots of things you can do but most of what I did in that shot was exposure control.

Here is a shot with exposure change in different areas so that you don't loose all of the detail in the shadows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitex View Post
^^ yes, ty beach! Looks great. One thing im noticing was over-bright metering and exposure in most shots. Im going to try to find a filter before i move on to another full on DSLR. Its nice have such a small camera but price is right there for something like a T2i/T3i.

I do have control over this with PASM modes on the NEX 5.. I guess i just need to keep tweaking it.
You should be able to change your metering/exposure compenstaion so that have less exposure. I almost always shot at -.3 or -.7 in sunlight on any Nikon body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post

i was just doing practice shots today in raw + fine jpeg format. i wanted to compare how much more control i would have on the editor's side in extreme lighting.

i found out that there's really no magic to raw. if the exposure is f-ked up it's just as bad as doing jpg editing using levels, saturation, and some sharpening, brightness recovery. honestly my goal is to hit the shot right from the camera and do very minimal editing so im going to just use jpeg-normal format for now. it's good enough for me.
I almost always shoot raw (especially when shooting for a client) because it gives me greater ability to recover in the event that really blow a shot. I also find that if I am shooting a loot of zoom, you get a lot more detail which is helpful when you are cropping in close for an ultra tight shots... say soccer or wildlife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Yup wind deflector From. First pic is the deflector(yes it's covered in fingerprints in th pic) and second pic shows where it is(it was taken before the sticker was put on). It's a vert thing I'm not getting my windows done cause they are onlyup when the car isn't being driven or that very short time that it is in the rain.
Looks good! I need to do mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waizzz View Post
Got the front windows tinted again after getting a ticket a few weeks back. I opted for a shade lighter than the rear windows although this pic is a tad hard to tell:

Nice shot and beautiful car! Lookin good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaZ View Post
FIrst burn out ever..... Figure 8 in a chuch parking lot at 2:30am.....than WOT down the street and back. What a great feeling! The smell of burnt tires are my biggest turn on
In the Churchlady voice from SNL.... "What would make you drive your shiney sports car like that? Could it be.......SATIN?" Sorry couldn't resist.